The Delphian Lower School includes Forms 1 and 2 (kindergarten through 3rd grade). This is the time during which a child is first being introduced to school, so the concentration is on fostering a positive attitude about learning. In order to accomplish this goal, the Delphian Lower School highlights:
- Caring faculty
- One-on-one attention for each childSmall classes
- After school activities
- Hands-on learning
- Early reading program
- Bimonthly field trips
Delphian now has a newly remodeled space for these young students to enjoy and accomplish their goals. This new space includes:
– New classrooms: Each room has a wide open space with plenty of windows, nature-themed decorations, and bright colors. Every classroom also features a cozy reading nook to foster the love of reading in these young students.
– A multi-purpose room: This is an indoor gymnasium which can be used for dance and music lessons, games, gymnastics, and general fun on a rainy day.
– Snack room and kitchen: This space features child-height counters along with an adult-height counter, so the students can participate in making their own snacks.
– Art room: Younger students can participate in arts and crafts projects in a room with everything sized just for them.
– Touch screen computer research center: Children are the future, and the earlier they learn to utilize computers, the better off they will be later on in life – as technology advances.
To find out more about the grand opening of this facility, to schedule a tour, or to discover more about Delphian, go to www.Delphian.org.